Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Subway Stories


So recently I was getting on the train to head back to Brooklyn after a wild night in Manhattan (of playing cards with my grandmother). It was about 9:00 PM on a Tuesday, and it was pouring raining. I see two visibly intoxicated dudes in their forties coming across the street approaching the subway. One of them is carrying a bucket of KFC's fried chicken, so naturally I was very jealous. Anyway, one of them says to the other "I think he called the 5-0!" (For those of you who aren't in the know and/or don't watch "The Wire," that means the police. You know, like Hawaii 5-0. Get it???) They both start running. As they're sprinting over the subway grating to get inside the station, one of them slips, goes what in my memory was about 7 feet in the air, and falls right on top of the bucket of chicken. Oh, sweet slapstick comedy. The funniest part of the story is that his friend was laughing hysterically, we're talking uncontrollable, violent laughter. I basically laughed like a maniac for about 5 stops myself, but my enjoyment was somewhat hampered by my concern over whether the fried chicken was OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment